Old July 13th 09, 07:53 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
RobertMcTigue

Default iRacing's poor customer service and is overpriced.

On Jul 13, 2:18*pm, Tony R >
wrote:
> RobertMcTigue wrote:

> Not specifically referring to your experience Robert, but I don't think
> you can compare waiter service with the officials at a real race track.
> You would pay significant entry fees but very much have to abide by the
> rules on and off track. You don't go to a restaurant and end up being
> sent to the manager's office for a ticking off - yet this is what can
> happen to you at a race track. You pay and play to their rules.

Its not the rules or judgments ...

> Personally I welcome that aspect to be introduced to sim racing. It has
> long been a province of league admins to maintain control, taking this a
> step further to a sanctioning body should provide far greater
> consistency than pockets of sim racers in small leagues with their own
> sets of rules.

Agreed

> Just as in real life people will fall out with the authority and go off
> and find another race series which is fine. I hope iRacing don't back
> off from that goal of becoming a sanctioning body on a par with their
> real racing counterparts and become a hotel service where the customer
> is pampered. Celebrity racers still get chewed out by the stewards,
> discipline is a part of racing. The stewards don't check the drivers are
> nice and comfy and have a drink before the race starts.

I think you miss my point.

> One man's meat is another man's poison and all that...
>
> Cheers
> Tony

I just don't like it when I get dismissed (much like the "Soup Nazi")
and the implication I would lie, and when I complain the complainant
is the responder.. just not a good experience for be but I'm sure it's
fine if people don't mind that. There still a service and I'm still a
consumer that chooses not to do any business with them.