Old September 7th 05, 03:34 PM
R Keating

Sting32 wrote:
> Alan,
>
> Please (ha) forgive me, never shared the gaming PC with the family, usually
> I have my pc everyon else has one other... the good old days...
>
> anywho, I tried it without firewall on also in there somewhere... Not sure,
> but then it was a week until tonght I got to play with all of this again...
> after betterhalf discovered porn popping up as she helped him goto
> Yahooligans (just wasnt right)... so of course 1st oder of business it to
> get the think blocking correctly, then get to play with the games... I cant
> keep shooting myself in the foot is all... I just dont have the time
> (laugh, {please}).
>
> since I was afraid to undo the locking down proeceedure, I guess a good reg
> cleaner would be nice...

You don't need a reg cleaner, you need to clean up the spyware and check
for viruses.

For cleaning spyware, here are 2 free programs that are always
recommend. There are easy to work with.

AdAware http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Spybot http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

You should also check for viruses. I am not familiar with the free
programs, someone else will probably suggest one.

Your system needs to be clean to at least give rFactor a chance to run.

Good luck,
Russell