Old May 7th 12, 08:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
FolkGT

Default New PC's FFB

On Fri, 4 May 2012 07:32:55 +0200, "Mario Petrinovic"
> wrote:

>FolkGT:
>Mario Petrinovic:
>>Mario Petrinovic:
>> So, it is actually all very easy, just put this value to 0.5, put
>>first of FFB settings (Overall) to whatever you like, put the rest of them
>>at 100% (I would also uncheck "Allow game to adjust settings"), put in-game
>>FFB values at max., and set FOV so that you count in the distance from eyes
>>to the edge of table as 40 cm.
>>
>> Oh, it turned out that setting the hight of screen is also very
>>important.
>> BTW, I would definitely uncheck "Allow game to adjust settings".
>>This setting gives unlinearity to FFB.

>Interesting. I'm beta-testing pCARS right now and with that game you
>definitely have to check that option. I'm surprised other games don't
>have the same requirement.
>
> Are you having Damper, Spring and Centering Spring (Centering Spring
>unchecked) at 100%? Well, if you don't have, then some strange things happen
>(which are also unlinear), so, in that case, if game developer expects you
>to have unlinear FFB settings, he can try to flatten this unlinearity by
>adjusting settings (also in ulinear way). This is the case with iRacing, who
>is suggesting some non-linear FFB settings.

I see. The devs at pCARS recommend the following settings:

Overall Effects Strength: 100-104
Spring Effect Strength: 0
Damper Effect Strength: 0
Enable Centering Spring: Unchecked. (so it doesn't matter the setting)
Degrees of Rotation: 900 (different steering setups are done per car
within the game)
Allow game to adjust settings: Checked