Old May 4th 12, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default New PC's FFB

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
So, it is actually all very easy, just put this value to 0.5, put
first of FFB settings (Overall) to whatever you like, put the rest of them
at 100% (I would also uncheck "Allow game to adjust settings"), put in-game
FFB values at max., and set FOV so that you count in the distance from eyes
to the edge of table as 40 cm.

Oh, it turned out that setting the hight of screen is also very
important.
BTW, I would definitely uncheck "Allow game to adjust settings".
This setting gives unlinearity to FFB.

Ok, there are some corrections. Now that I've set up hight of
screen, it turned out that FOV was wrong. The correct one is 66 (was 63).
Previously, 63 allowed me to go through corners better, but it turned out
that it was because lower FOV losenes car, and this is beneficial with
default tight setups. Now, with hight of screen set correctly, I realize
that 66 is the right FOV.
This means that the distance from eyes to the edge of table is 36
cm, not 40 cm.