Old July 15th 11, 12:14 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

Default I was trying not to expect too much from rF2, but...

On 14/07/2011 23:27, Mario Petrinovic wrote:

> Ok. The thing is that FFB relies on latency, and heavely depends on how
> high is your screen.

What makes it hard for developers is the variability of PC systems.
Anything that puts a load on CPU can cause latency with FFB. So various
settings can appear to resolve the issue simply by reducing the load.
This will vary from machine to machine.

Also our ability to cope with latency (visual or FFB) varies from human
to human. There is some interesting research on this if you are interested.

I am sensitive to visual lag and find vysnc affects me, whereas many
find it makes no difference.