Old July 27th 09, 05:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

Default Top Speed of an 06 6 cylinder Manual Mustang

lid wrote:
> "John S." > wrote in message
>> On Jul 24, 6:06 am, columbotrek >
>> wrote:

>>> Interesting comments. Is the drive shaft on the GT the same as on
>>> the V6? I have had my S197 GT upwards of 130 on a couple
>>> occasions and not a hint of any vibration at all.

>> Nope, GT and V6 are very different driveshafts... the V6 one is a
>> POS....

> Absolutely correct. You'll begin feeling vibrations in a V6 at
> something around 95-100 mph, and it quickly gets worse.
>
> Another problem in the V6 is, at these speeds the car will start
> to feel very light and will begin to drift, and if you correct too
> quickly or in the wrong direction, well, it's called natural
> selection I think.

I suppose some of the V6s vibrated, but not mine (2006 convertible
automatic), and with the BamaChips tune it was not top-speed limited
at 113. It was stlll accelerating at 130 (5300 in 4th) when I
chickened out.

As for the drift: even before shocks, springs, and sways were
upgraded, no drift. The Classic front chin spoiler and lack of rear
spoiler other than a "lip" may have had something to do with that.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/233/4...36e9ecca_o.jpg