Old October 22nd 09, 12:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
IYM[_3_]

Default Rotating tires?

JimR wrote:
> My '97 SL2 owners' manual says to rotate the tires in the classic X
> patters (LF to RR, etc.). However, I have heard for years that radial
> tires should not be rotated to the opposite side of the vehicle (reverse
> rotation).
>
> Which is correct?
>
> Thanks
> JimR

Yes you can, as long as you check to see if they aren't one way tires or
rims... The earlier SL's optional mfr Saw tooth rims were only meant to
run one way. Some tires are only meant to run one way, and usually say
so on the inside wall, usually marked by an arrow indicating direction.
So check for those two things first. If your ok, there should be no
reason you can't rotate the way you want. I mix it up - I move fronts
to backs at one rotation, then X at the next and repeat.