Old September 6th 07, 07:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Nza

Default 49 Chrysler with no compression

On Sep 5, 8:33 pm, Bob AZ > wrote:
> On Sep 5, 12:16?am, Doug <sparks06524nos...@
>
> The valve
>
> > is then extracted compress the valve springs until the keepers
> > are removed and from the top of the engine ,

> Doug and et al
>
> And the keepers start their journey to the oil pan unless the oil drip
> passages/holes are blocked. Then the oil pan and probably the engine
> comes out for sure!

yeah of course, i didn't read the Motor's manual until after I dropped
the collet into the engine. It says plainly to put a rag over the
holes.

> If the OP is going to keep this car it is time to pull the engine and
> get on with things.

.......... you make it sound like flathead sixes are easily found
nowadays.. I've only seen a couple so far for sale on the
internet... none really seemed like anything to woohoo about. The
best lead so far is a 218 from a truck in Baltimore, but that's a bit
far for right now.