Old May 12th 06, 09:57 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default performance tweaks

R D S > wrote:

> Are there any cheap and cheerful upgrades to eek a bit more performance out
> of a 2.0 TS 156?
> Do sport air filters make much of a difference?

No, they make the car louder, but that's it.

> I notice having it chipped only adds 15bhp.

*snort*

Divide by 10 and you'll be closer to the mark.

> I'm not a speed freak but its a while since i've had any sort of performance
> and i'm getting a taste for it?

Not worth it - they're a relatively highly strung engine anyway,
performance gains are expensive and marginal.

If you wanted more performance you should have bought a V6 - the price
difference would have been less than the cost of getting 20bhp out of
the TSpark.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL