Old May 31st 13, 08:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]

Default Bye, bye Saturn?

The '01 lw300 has almost 203K miles on it. Last few weeks, something was
clunking when I started it up though it went away after a second or two. Was
thinking possibly time to use a heavier oil. Now, at 3K to 4K RPMs, the
sound comes back. I'm leaning toward a main rod bearing that is failing....

If this were not my only car and I could take time to try rebuilding it.
Alas, Saturn is no more and parts are becoming scarce as is my available
cash reserve. So, it is inevitable that I'll have to say goodbye to my
beloved Saturn. I had an offer of a 2004 Subaru wagon in so-so condition
that needs a cylinder head gasket. If that's all it needs, it's a days work.
I can drive the Saturn while making the repairs. My dad had a subaru in the
days that they rusted out, looked horrible but kept on going and more
importantly, kept their value. Guy wants $4K for this but I'll offer 3.
Looked it up and for perfect condition, goes for $8K.

~Oppie~