Old January 27th 06, 03:49 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default A6 Won't Start

MZ,
Have someone crank the car over while you watch the front pulley on the
crankshaft and open the oil cap and (if it's possible, I know you can on a
1980 5k, but not on a 1987 5kt) look at the camshafts. If the crank turns
and the cam shafts don't, you probably have a broken timing belt. If the
crank doesn't turn, you may have a broken starter, or a missing tooth on the
ring gear.
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)