Old January 18th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Please help me with a problem with the instrument panel light on a 4-Runner

I have a 2000 4-Runner.
For some reason I decided to install an aftermarket stereo. When it
was all said and done everything worked except the lighting on the
instrument panel. The warining lights on the panel work. The light
that indicates "D" or "R" when in drive or reverse also works. The
only problem is the overall illumination of the panel. I can't see
a thing at night.

I tried fooling with the dimmer switch. I tested all of the fuses
and they are fine.

Would the dimmer relay have something to do with it?
Could I have pulled out a wire somewhere?

Does anyone know where this light plugs into (i.e. behind the dash
or glovebox) so I can see if pulled something out?

Any help or input would be appreciated.

Regardless - Thanks to all!
Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy