Old March 21st 12, 12:59 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
R C Nesbit

Default jumping out of gear

Gt spoke:
> Another point - ties in with what Jim said last week: I seem to be getting
> around 40mph from it - is this right? From a 1.9 diesel? No more cost
> effective than my 9 year old 156 petrol 2.0 JTS.

No, it should deffo be faster than that! ;^)

My 156 1.9jtd gives about 10 miles per litre.

On a related note - mine was vibrating at between 60 & 70mph.
It needed a couple of tyres, (front right & rear left) so got 2 new ones -
onto the front, the vibration still there but shifted up to 65 - 75mph
Took it back and had the tracking and balance checked - both very slightly
out - but the vibes are still there - if a little less severe.

--
Rob Pearson
156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)