Old August 21st 10, 08:58 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Default Locating parts and advice for an alfa spider-1974

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>>> However, AutoItalia reckon there are a number of people who understand
>>> Spica these days, so there's no reason not to keep it.

>> Cost, and convenience. It's not really that much of an improvement,
>> AIUI, but was only for emissions. Of course, you (and your anorak) know
>> way more about this than me

> Heh, yes, it was largely for emissions - but carbs can open up a whole
> world of pain, IME.

Pah. Carbs are fine if you look after them.

> I'd definitely prefer injection.

Well if it's carbs or electronic injection, I'd agree, mostly.

>>> If you do need to swap it over, I'd look at an aftermarket EFI
>>> replacement rather than going over to a carb, though. (Something like
>>> Megasquirt)

>> Not really original is it? AFAIK the Spider was available with carbs, so
>> you could make it sort of original with carbs. ICBW though.

> Yes, it was usually on carbs in the UK.
>
> Not sure if the late S4 models had Bosch injection or not - that's
> another option.

Stretch 'originality' and you could put early 75 FI on the same engine....

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk