Old August 21st 10, 07:06 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Default Locating parts and advice for an alfa spider-1974

Catman > wrote:

> > However, AutoItalia reckon there are a number of people who understand
> > Spica these days, so there's no reason not to keep it.

> Cost, and convenience. It's not really that much of an improvement,
> AIUI, but was only for emissions. Of course, you (and your anorak) know
> way more about this than me

Heh, yes, it was largely for emissions - but carbs can open up a whole
world of pain, IME.

I'd definitely prefer injection.

> > If you do need to swap it over, I'd look at an aftermarket EFI
> > replacement rather than going over to a carb, though. (Something like
> > Megasquirt)

> Not really original is it? AFAIK the Spider was available with carbs, so
> you could make it sort of original with carbs. ICBW though.

Yes, it was usually on carbs in the UK.

Not sure if the late S4 models had Bosch injection or not - that's
another option.

--
SteveH