Old August 21st 10, 06:54 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Default Locating parts and advice for an alfa spider-1974

SteveH wrote:
> TimM > wrote:

>> Thanks for the tips guys! And yes - you're right searching on the right
>> name helps a lot...
>>
>> By the way - if I get the spica converted to a normal carb - is it worth
>> keeping the old parts?

> Yes, it probably is - or sell them on an Alfa forum.
>
> However, AutoItalia reckon there are a number of people who understand
> Spica these days, so there's no reason not to keep it.

Cost, and convenience. It's not really that much of an improvement,
AIUI, but was only for emissions. Of course, you (and your anorak) know
way more about this than me

> If you do need to swap it over, I'd look at an aftermarket EFI
> replacement rather than going over to a carb, though. (Something like
> Megasquirt)

Not really original is it? AFAIK the Spider was available with carbs, so
you could make it sort of original with carbs. ICBW though.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk