Old August 20th 10, 07:06 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Default Locating parts and advice for an alfa spider-1974

TimM wrote:
> Hi guys - I'm new to this forum. I was given an old Alpha Spider 1974 as
> a wedding present - and its sitting in a garage in Italy without a
> license plate and a mechanic saying I need to change some things to get
> it to pass its Italian mot.

Lucky lucky

> I was told that ironically it might be cheaper to find the parts I need
> in England - does anyone have any tips for me.
>
> I need the following (and I'm hoping to preserve the integrity of the
> car if I can)
>
> - new windscreen wipers

Do you mean wiper mechanisms, or blades? IWHT the blades were pretty
much any generic item, just to get it past the test.

> - hi beam/low beam light switch? (devio luce in italian)
> - break master hanging pedals (for alfa 105)
> - clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder
> - front caliper service kit and rear caliper service kit (rear 38mm)
> - front and rear indicator light plastic covers

http://www.classicalfa.com/

Would be where I would start.

> - Carburetor replacement for a Spica fuel injection system*
>

> *Our mechanic said we should change this as its next to impossible to
> get anyone to fix a Spica in the future as the skills are not around.
> Apparently ours is ok at the moment (but for how long).

Sounds like a sensible call to me. I'd go Dellorto, but again I would
expect classic to help.

> Does anyone have any tips or advice for me?

Enjoy it. Not a *huge* amount of help, I'm afraid, but shout if you need
more assistance.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk