Old September 26th 04, 10:39 PM
E. Meyer

On 9/26/04 12:47 AM, in article
, "tgeliot"
> wrote:

> I'm in the market for a car, and the 98 and earlier Odysseys seem like just
> what I want in terms of size and functionality. Too bad 97 and earlier had
> lawnmower engines. But in the 98 they put the VTEC, from the Accord, I
> believe. But there are no 98s to be had. Could I get an older (95-97)
> and put a VTEC motor into it? Where would I get such a motor? Am I being
> an idiot?

Look also at the Isuzu Oasis. Its the same car made buy Honda and simply
badged as an Isuzu (Honda got to sell the Isuzu Rodeo as the Honda Passport
in the deal).

They continued to sell four door Odysseys as Isuzus for another year or two
after Honda started selling the bigger Canadian built Odysseys in the US.