Old December 16th 05, 07:04 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Right Lane Impatience

In article >,
Brent P > wrote:
>Just like the other night. I was once again at the set of lights where if
>I don't get on the accelerator when the first one turns green I get
>nothing but red lights for several lights in a row. I accelerated
>rapidly, another driver in another lane didn't. I made the next light
>just as it was going to yellow, he got a red. I then got greens for
>several lights in a row while he was red light cycles.

I wonder who designed that light timing. Seems like it would encourage
those behind to try to pass aggressively and speed (faster than is typically
safe for the conditions) or tailgate to make the green lights instead of
being stuck at red lights.

Timothy J. Lee