Old January 17th 13, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John C.

Default TFrog, RIP

"dwight" > wrote in message
>A note, to anyone who remembers, that I am now out of the Mustang
>world. For one of the rare moments in my adult life, I am without a
>Mustang.

I never thought I'd see the day. TFrog was an extension of
yourself, it seemed. Life goes on...

> After two months, this new Focus has given me a lifetime average of
> 30mpg. And, even though I have a clean driving record, I had been
> paying a V8 penalty in auto insurance for the Mustangs. With the
> savings at the pump and the savings on insurance, the Focus amounts
> to a "free car." Also, it's a three-year lease*, which means no
> repair bills, no tow trucks, and I probably don't have to worry
> about tires or brakes (until possibly the third year).

Can't beat a "free" car.
30 mpg isn't too shabby, but those new 5.0's get 25. (if ya keep your
foot out of it)

> * Three year lease? Yep. I was really considering a V6 Mustang, not
> a Focus. Problem is, I would want to BUY that V6, then I'd bond with
> it, then I'd want to keep it for the next 20 years. That's my
> history. But I'm looking ahead to 2014 1/2 with great anticipation!
> I'm hoping that Ford really does put out an all-new Mustang,
> dropping the whole retro thing, a Mustang that looks forward, not
> back. I have a hunch that I'm really really really going to want to
> get back into a Mustang at that point.

While I don't share your joy at the prospect of a less-retro-'stang, I
do hope to hear that you get back in the saddle, someday. dwight
without a Mustang, is like a day without sunshine!

If they drop the retro, maybe *I'll* have to keep *mine* for 20 years.
Haha!

--
John C.
'11 GT