Old January 16th 13, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

Default TFrog, RIP

"John S." wrote in message

> Sorry to hear about the Mustangs... completely understandable though!
> As for the Focus... did you look at the ST? I picked one up in October...
> OMG! This thing is a blast! While not as fast as our Flex is on the
> straight aways,
> the ST is great in the corners!
>
> Glad you are digging your new Focus though... they are a lot cooler than
> when they
> were first introduced so many years ago... LOL

All of the reviews said that the Focus was the best handling car in its
class. I understand that the ST is a hoot - again, every reviewer had
nothing but raves about that version. I specifically picked out a no-option
base model for a reason - I didn't want to marry the thing, just "rent" it
for three years. I believe that if I'd bought an ST, I'd want to keep it for
a good while longer!

While the Focus S is a good bit of fun, the 2.0 liter 4-cylinder engine, the
FWD, and the lack of scary-fast acceleration make it a car I will gladly
trade in in three years. I'm enjoying it, sure, and enjoying the savings on
gasoline, absolutely. In the 2 months I've had it, I've saved a bit more
than $300.00 at the pump.

The 2013 looks WAY better than the plain-Jane 1st generation, and (hope my
daughter doesn't read this) even looks much better than daughter's 2008 SES.
But I think Ford has done wonders with the drivability of the car. It's just
a completely different environment than I've been used to.

I have no illusions or delusions about the Focus - it is what it is. But
after seeing what Ford has done with the Focus and the Fusion, I am really
looking forward to the next generation Mustang.

dwight