Old August 13th 12, 04:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.audi
jim beam[_4_]

Default Slickness is gone once the transmission fluid was replaced

On 08/13/2012 02:01 AM, AD wrote:
> I had the gearbox and rear diff fluid changed to BP 75w90 (synthetic).
> about 1.3 liter went into the rear diff and 2.7 was left for the
> manual
> gearbox.
>
> It feels not the same now. The slickness of shifts seems to be out
> and the rubbery feel of a subaru manual gearbox is in.
>
> It's also seems more difficult to get A4 into the second gear.
>
> I'm hallucinating or what? OEM VW transaxle oil is about $45 a quart
> (liter actually)
> around here and I'd rather not spend those $135 plus labor to get the
> shifting slick and seamless
> again.

well, you're not hallucinating about the change in shift quality. but
you are if you're thinking that just any old oil will work in any
transmission.

otoh, you could go online and find either:

a. $25 a liter or less for oem fluid, not $45.

b. one of the other oils that actually meets spec, and save just a
little more.

--
fact check required