Old May 5th 11, 08:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
charlie

Default 215/40-R16 Yokohama S.Drive tires

On 5/4/2011 5:40 PM, Frank Berger wrote:
> Brian Minto wrote:
>> I installed 195/45-16's on my 1999 miata on 16x7 enkei wheels and
>> found them to be more noisy and rough riding than I expected but
>> their wet and dry traction is very good. They are absolutely useless
>> in snow.
>>
>> BrianMinto
>> Calgary

> I replaced the Racing Harts on my MSM with 16x7 Enkei's in an affort to
> soften the ride It did, but not much. I suppose I should have gone to
> 15" wheels, but just didn't like the look. I wimped out and put
> all-season tires on them (I know, I know) because I thought I needed to
> be able drive in the occasional snow we have in Dallas. But then I
> decided to retire from my job and it turns out I don't have to go
> anywhere if I don't want to.

You might want to do what retirement kind of got me into. - -
Wife doesn't like to drive small cars, prefers cars like a Chevy Impala.

I prefer cars with "sports car handling" AKA Miatas.
My 99 LS is getting up in age and miles. It's in good shape, but has
about 50 thousand of the 90 thousand miles as road miles to/from Florida
Georgia. (Red, Turbocharged, mild customization, Rota wheels, etc.)

It seems like a (horrors) P/Ups are standard for basic transportation &
general use around here. I originally swore that I was not gonna get a
P/U years ago. However, a friend made me an offer I just could not
refuse some years back. He had an old Chevy LUV sitting in his yard, and
offered to give it to me for the cost of getting it running, or if not,
then I'd help in getting it to a junk yard. Turned out that the
electric fuel pump had an integrated filter, which was totally clogged
up. I drove it to work for several years, used it to haul stuff involved
in some home remodeling, etc. Finally, I sold it for $250. (It was all
but worn out.)
Then in 2007, my wife wanted to haul stuff from her deceased parents
home in Illinois to our place in GA. New P/U time when all was said and
done.

The Miata was in daily use until I retired in 2005. When I bought the
P/U, it went into limited use, (Club events, nice days, etc.) and spends
a great deal of time in the garage. As time and health permit, I'm
slowly accomplishing some minor "deferred maintenance" to bring it back
to "climb in and drive a thousand miles" condition. (new hoses, belts,
brake pads, etc as needed.) Just had and cured some minor electrical
problems that chased back to the cigar lighter socket shorting out
intermittently, and blowing a fuse, which in turn shuts down the radar
detector and an A/F ratio meter. Next effort is to find where I hid the
plastic buttons that attach the carpet to the top well, and reinstall them.