Old February 1st 05, 04:35 AM
Erik D.

Jeffery Privott wrote:
> Can someone tell me what should be the first few steps taken towards adding
> power to a 94 gt convertable. I have a very few goodies already and looking
> at dropping around $3000.00 in the next 2 weeks on the car. I currently have
> a cold air intake, 40 series flowmaster's, mac headers, and this week
> looking at 373's installed. All advice is greatly appreciated.
>
> Ninja,

Is your car an auto or a 5 speed? If it's an auto you need to spend
some money on the transmission. Get yourself a good converter and a
good shiftkit. If it's a 5 speed you should look into getting a
shifter. As far as power, I think the mileage is fairly low, but you
still should do a compression test and leakdown test. After that, if
everything checks out I would go with an intercooled procharger P1-SC
setup. If your compression test yields bad results then you need to
look into a rebuild. The problem with a high performance rebuild is
that it will cost more then 3000 to get a major power increase. You can
build the baddest shortblock in the world but its not gonna get you
anywhere without heads/cam/intake.
Erik D.
'94 white lightning
'01 white GT