Old December 9th 12, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Default Anyone replace the muffler on their Chrysler 300m? What did youuse?

BobMCT wrote:

> > I've been looking into various brands (Walker, Magnaflow,
> > Flowmaster, etc) and can't really find anything made with
> > stainless steel that matches the dimensions of the factory
> > OEM muffler.

> Unless you're doing an exact MoPar replacement then as long as the
> lengths are correct you shouldn't be concerned. I've not seen any
> performance exhaust mufflers that are perfect matches.
>
> I replaced my factory exhaust system with a Borla SS set and the
> pipes were larger in diameter, there was no reasonator and the
> mufflers were smaller. But the double walled chrome tipes still
> came out the back where they should be. And there is no comparison
> to the tone improvement.

My current muffler is still functional and intact, but when-ever the car
has been put on a hoist, it's been pointed out that the muffler has many
outer-shell perforations - none of which seems to be causing any changes
to the exhaust sound.

The only thing I want out of my exhaust system is for it to be quiet.

I have no care or interest at all to try to achieve any sort of exhaust
tone our particular sound. Just quiet. Urban life is noisey enough as
it is.

I'm wondering if the degree of "muffling" is proportional to muffler
volume...