Old October 19th 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

Default NASTY Lil' Cobra Being Twin Screwed

"Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
> Big Al wrote:
>>> IMO, because Ford couldn't charge the outrageous prices for an option
>>> package like they can for cars like the GT500. They are making insane
>>> profits on the GT500 and will on he new Boss etc. Making these car's
>>> components just option choices kills their exclusivity and therefore
>>> profits.

>> Insane is right. They make cars few people could afford and keep the
>> price high while the company is going down the tubes. Why not SELL the
>> cars? Selling cars is what they are supposed to do. Now they are going to
>> quit selling Crown Vic's except to fleets. Sell the people what they
>> want. What genius decided to re-badge the 500 and call it a Taurus? That
>> should really help.

> Unfortunately, Ford's problems run much deeper than what they are doing
> with the GT500/Mustang sales. They only wish the rest of their car line
> was as successful as the Mustang. IMO, Ford's biggest problem is they
> have good cars that have no identity. They have ditched their long time
> model names and in the process disconnected themselves from a large number
> of past buyers of those cars. Re-badging the 500 a Taurus is a step in
> the right direction, IMO. They need to bring out a RWD, V-8 two door
> coupe and sell it as the Thunderbird too. Maybe even make an upscale
> version of the Mustang and market as the new Cougar.

Except the 500 badge name was in my opinion a step in the right direction, I
liked the car and the name. Sticking the Taurus name on that car ****es me
off, they couldn't have kept the 500 and redone the Taurus?

Now where the hell is the new Mustang chassis based retro 1969~1970 styled
Mercury Cougar??? I want my 500 horse 5.4 2009 Cougar Eliminator!!!