Old March 7th 05, 12:02 AM
HrseyCar

Default NY State Inspection Emissions Failure

The night before I was to bring in my '98 Explorer for state inspection
my check engine light came on. I corrected the problem and cleared the
code and re-set the MIL light.
The next morning the car failed due to OBD Monitor Readiness Status:
Catalyst, Evaporative System and EGR System "Not Ready". Question:
When the code was cleared and the MIL re-set did that also re-set the
status of these monitors? From what I have found out so far, there are
certain driving conditions that must be met for these tests to be
performed. 3 days later I put an Autoray EZ-Read 1000 Code Reader on
the car and ran the Monitor Option Menu to read the "Readiness Tests'.
The 3 in question all showed a "Completed" status. Does this mean the
OBD Monitor Readiness Status for these 3 tests are now "Ready" and the
car will pass inspection?

Thanks for the help.
Rob