Old September 9th 13, 10:49 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default engine onnatop placement implications

On Friday, September 6, 2013 6:33:48 PM UTC+3, AMuzi wrote:

> >> thanks for the comprehensive wrapup,

> >> took the time to setup thunderbird w eternal september

> >> again so I can

> >> crosspost at will ;-)

> >> My CXP-33 is laced over-4 whatever that means and the

> >> ceramic open pro

> >> is over-3

> > "three cross" is conventional with an open pro. "4x" on a

> > cxp33 is not something i'd do because it's not got as much

> > socket angle available as the open pro - which is precisely

> > what "4x" requires. i'd therefore expect spokes to be more

> > likely to break at the threads.

> > presumably the builder was looking to make the cxp33 a

> > slightly "softer" ride - the cxp33 is very deep and thus

> > rigid so it can ride "harsh" compared to others. ["4x"

> > spokes are longer and thus theoretically slightly more

> > elastic.] i'd have gone with a lower spoke count and "2x"

> > personally.

Maybe I have cross 2 in front and cross 3 in the back.
Tell me how to count and I'll tell for sure :^)

I wanted higher rigidity for the rear to I asked for higher cross
count for the rear wheel. To tell the truth it's probably an overkill
for the amount of power I deliver to the wheel anyway, but ferrari
owners don't use even half of the capacity also. So what the heck.