Old September 5th 13, 10:02 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Mid & rear engine placement safety implications

On Wednesday, September 4, 2013 7:13:40 AM UTC+3, jim beam wrote:
> On 09/03/2013 08:48 PM, T0m $herman wrote:

> >> yeah, not the best. #12 in that diagram is a freakin' unfunny JOKE.

> > As a child in Quebec City, I spent time in the back of a VW Type IV -

> > snowmobile suit, mittens and boots were mandatory for any trip over 15

> > minutes long, even with the optional auxiliary heater.

> can't imagine. i had to wear every single piece of clothing i owned,
>
> including socks over my shoes, and that was just in oregon/seattle.

beats me how you survive in the giant air conditioner by the bay

so you were implying never buy /read jobst book or that was not was
you implying?

I have other people do the wheel assembly and tensioning for me so I wonder
about the need vs want vs just for laughs

besides, I think I'll go mtb where wheel quality is of lesser importance
than on a road bike