Old July 5th 08, 08:08 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
gpsman

Default 55 returning? It had better not-the dumbest law since Prohibition

On Jul 5, 1:04 pm, Brent P > wrote:
> On 2008-07-05, Jeff Morrison > wrote:
>
> > Anything over 80 IS reckless driving.

> What a crock of ****. Go to Germany and ride with someone who lives
> there and has a decent car. a 100mph+ is perfectly safe.

No, it's often true.

Evidently you are unaware of the definitions of "perfect" and
"safe" (what are those, words learned in 5th grade? Elementary school
anyway).

But, 80mph is "relatively safe", depending on where. You are not
permitted to drive 80 through or around major German urban areas, same
as in the US.

> What's reckless
> is the stupid lane and other behavior that is permitted on US roads.

On that we agree, where we differ is what constitutes reckless and
stupid.
-----

- gpsman