Old July 5th 08, 08:02 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

Default 55 returning? It had better not-the dumbest law since Prohibition

On Jul 5, 12:40*pm, Jeff Morrison > wrote:
> On Jul 5, 10:39*am, wrote:
>
> > I would agree, Virginia seems to have a "Hard-On" against speeding
> > more than any state I can think of. They consider anything over 80 to
> > be Reckless Driving and nail you accordingly.

> > Jim K. Georges

> Anything over 80 IS reckless driving.

Not True! On an urban interstate in moderate to heavy traffic, weaving
in and out OK, but on a rural Interstate, staying in your lane with a
speed limit of 65 or 70 among minimal traffic in perfect weather
conditions, no, it's not reckless.

Jim K. Georges