Old April 21st 07, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Bill Jeffrey

Default 2002 Explorer OBD-II parameters list?

OK, maybe I don't understand what's going on here. Google searches for
"OBD-II" all take me to a list of trouble codes - the famous P001 sort
of thing.

However, I seem to understand that the OBD port can also provide
real-time information on engine parameters, such as coolant temperature,
transmission temperature, ignition advance, or whatever. In other words,
information that is NOT a trouble code. I'm looking for
a) confirmation that this information is available from the OBD-II port, and
b) a list of the available information for my specific vehicle.

Specifically, I'm thinking of buying an Interceptor Scan Gauge from
http://aeroforcetech.com/
which seems to sday that it can read this stuff out.

So, am I on the wrong track? Can the Interceptor do this?

Thanks for any info

Bill