Old September 3rd 05, 05:36 PM
Jim Warman

My first inclination would be to wiggle test the harness/connectors involved
in the charging system while an assistant watched the lamp (engine running,
of course). Spread connectors, corrosion, previous repairs or
modifications.... these are just some of the possible causes.

I have found no crankcase oil additives (and few other additives) worth the
expense. Nothing beats timely maintenance and repairing small concerns
before they grow into budget busters.

As for additives.... I'm reminded of a quote I once heard.... "I you build
it, they will come...." (we could follow that up with P.T. Barnums "There's
one born every minute..."). As for repair and maintenence, I have my own
quote...."Cheap ain't".

lkaboutautos.com...