Old July 13th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Corby

Default 94 jeep grand cherokee

snowball_flake > wrote in news:1206287_
:

> I have a 94 jeep grand cherokee. It gets hot we changed the thermostat
> and the water pump. It also dies and won’t start a few hours. If
> anyone has an idea please let me know thanks

I am currently having this same problem with my '95 GC. I determined(with
much assistance from mechanic friends) that the problem is the fan clutch.
With mine, it only overheats when I run the A/C because the fan doesn't
kick on all the time and the A/C compressor puts out more heat than the
engine can handle on its own. I replaced my thermostat first, and it
changed nothing(but needed done anyway) and my next thought was the water
pump. But...nothing was leaking. So, I hope this helps. Piece of advice,
even if you don't plan to work on the jeep yourself, get a Haynes or
Chiltons manual, and if you have the means, get a factory service manual
(ebay). They come in VERY handy.

ZJCorby