Old June 25th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Dioclese

Default Exhaust plugged up

No, banging on the catalytic converter indicates sound innards.

Reason I'm asking the question is because I had a bad coolant sensor in the
past. It took me some time to figure it out, a month. The tailpipe is
badly blackened, engine was running very rich.

Are you saying to physically remove the O2 sensor to see if there's
difference in engine power at higher rpms, like climbing hills on the
highway? If so, I can see that's markedly decreased in my observations.

--
Dave