Old March 21st 07, 08:53 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default E39 / E60 Clutch sensitivity

On 20 Mar 2007 22:41:29 -0700, "BobP" > wrote:

>I've driven an E39 540i and an E60 545i and noticed that while the
>clutch throw was fairly lengthy, the actual engagement zone was pretty
>small, particularly on the E39. Is that just the nature of the beast
>on these cars or did I bump into a couple funny ones? It's not a deal-
>killer item, but is there any way to adjust the clutch to give me more
>room to work with? The E39 in particular seemed to be
>hypersensitive, with the engagement zone being at a point where the
>clutch lever was "pushing back" harder than it did earlier in its
>travel.
>
>What say the FOAK?
>
>Rancho Bob

Look in any decent BMW mag' Long bolt with bit of stout rubber (shox mount) on
the end is now being sold to shorten the time taken for gear shifts.

Block of wood with Velcro under the clutch pedal would do the same.

Sir Hugh of Bognor

Intelligence is not knowing the answer but knowing where and how to find it!

Hugh Gundersen

Bognor Regis, W.Sussex, England, UK