Old September 7th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Autozone- illegal bait & switch advertising?

"dewaynep" > wrote in message

> Well, while not illegal, it is in my opinion, a very poor business
> practice.

I havent noticed this practice, but there are ways around it. If you find
it online for a price you
want, order it at that price for pickup in the store. Take your paperwork
with you when you go.
(I believe you can still do this at Autozone)

The NAPA compressor you mention is a rebuilt. They are probably pretty
good, but all have
failures from time to time.

I just ordered a brand new Seltec compressor from www.ackits.com for
something less than $200.
I am told that these are first class compressors. Some suggest they are
better than OEM, but I will
have to try it and see.

Also, I just ordered a blower motor which has been quoted at several sites
for $300, and I found
a replacement on the net for $75.

The point is, prices vary a lot and, the customer always has to be very
careful when buying.
Dont assume anything. Check several sources.