Old June 13th 11, 04:13 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default 2014 Corvette

"uncle_vito" > wrote in message
.. .
> http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...tte/index.html
>
> I may actually be interested in buying a new Corvette. A smaller,
> higher revving, variable overhead cam design with direct fuel
> injection may be in order for 2014. The present C6 has a
> neanderthal pushrod V-8 and a horrible interior. Also the looks are
> gaudy.
>
> I hope the 2014 brings the average age of the Corvette driver down
> to age 70. I am considerably less than that age and do not want to
> be seen driving 'an old man's car'.
>
> Also add to the fact that GM talked the government into ****ing away
> perfectly good cash to cover for GM's management stupidity and it is
> really a reach for me to want to buy any GM vehicle these days.
>
> I think I will keep driving my 64 convertible. Back then, GM wasn't
> the joke of a car company that it is now.
>
> Vito

You are Johnny on the spot to pick up this breaking news, oh wait,
that was released as a 2011 by Left Lane News and as a 2013 by others
back in 2009, now slipped to 2014 and I'm not betting on that being
true. Even the obnoxious car presented as the next generation Corvette
was not built by GM. The car will get a restyled rear end and a touch
up on the front, some lighter material in some parts, and you will be
told how nice the interior is but only color changes will be made. As
far as VVT my guess would be it will still be a Neanderthal push rod
engine.

Sure you will buy a 2014 Corvette design being as youthful as you seem
to think a Corvette buyer needs to be. They bring out that abortion
and it will have a youthful price tag able to hit 70K with very few
options. Just the car for the fast food workers budget. My guess would
be that it will be a modified body and maybe slight frame change for
the C6 with an engine that could be troublesome at best and under
powered as a base unit. Then add a good power plant and the price will
be astronomical, like the joke they called the ZR1 back in the '90s.

At one time I looked forward to driving the next generation Corvettes
but not what you describe nor the one being presented by the car rags.

Let me know when you get off your ass and go drive that "gaudy" C6 to
redline in fifth gear, or even 4th for that matter, ahh, forget that
you couldn't handle 3rd, let alone 4th or 5th. You don't have the
balls for that so why would you need a higher revving engine in a
lighter car? I guess there are those that just have to own something
even if they can't drive them. Drove the C6 to a festival in mid state
this weekend in a very hard rain coming home, still got 29 MPG and did
hit triple figures on the HUD once. Next day drove the '64 to a nearby
rib off and was able to get 10 MPG and saw 60 MPH once as any of you
old drivers can. Stopped at a friends house that was near by and there
sat his '65 fuel injected coupe under its cover. Didn't even bother to
take it one mile to the car show but then he's an ancient 62 years
old. This week will be the '72's turn as it has cooled enough to drive
a black car without air-conditioning. If you don't drive them why have
them?

You must wear your shoes backward to think that GM was a car company
back when they built the '64 you have gathering dust in the corner of
your garage. Although there are those that think the design was great
it was one of the worst assembled cars on the market. Only it's short
lived years of production has kept it from being another GM ghost of
the past. GM has been ****ing away our money for years but ran it
through the government filter this time to screw people out of more
product value.

Save the wave, that may be all we have left as Corvette owners,

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51