Old February 5th 05, 04:05 AM
Dave Wick

I'll agree with a few things and add more.

If your car is normally aspirated, I'd go with the 3.73s. I love mine.
Turbo or supercharged? 3.55s are probably better.

There are some relatively specialized tools and measurements required in
properly changing the gear ratios. I'd suggest a shop.

RE whether or not to change the actual differential: I've had one of the
expensive after-market diffs in mine and I'm now back to the factory unit.
It's been rebuilt and had clutch disks added to tighten it up even more.
I'm sold that this is the way to go. Yeah, I'll burn it out eventually and
have to rebuild it. But I CAN do that. The expensive unit from the other
Co. can't be rebuilt. Burn it out and replace it ... very expensive.

Dave