Old July 27th 09, 06:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

Default Top Speed of an 06 6 cylinder Manual Mustang

On Jul 27, 4:48 pm, > wrote:
> "Frank ess" > wrote in messagenews:7MydnS4YQPiDT_DXnZ2dnUVZ_uednZ2d@gigan ews.com...
> > wrote:

> > > Absolutely correct. You'll begin feeling vibrations in a V6 at
> > > something around 95-100 mph, and it quickly gets worse.

> > > Another problem in the V6 is, at these speeds the car will start
> > > to feel very light and will begin to drift, and if you correct too
> > > quickly or in the wrong direction, well, it's called natural
> > > selection I think.

> > I suppose some of the V6s vibrated, but not mine (2006 convertible
> > automatic), and with the BamaChips tune it was not top-speed limited
> > at 113. It was stlll accelerating at 130 (5300 in 4th) when I
> > chickened out.

> The V6 driveshaft is rated to 115 mph. It's pure luck whether
> it blows at speeds above that. I'd certainly not recommend it.
>
> > As for the drift: even before shocks, springs, and sways were
> > upgraded, no drift. The Classic front chin spoiler and lack of rear
> > spoiler other than a "lip" may have had something to do with that.

> >http://farm1.static.flickr.com/233/4...36e9ecca_o.jpg

> Maybe, but again we're talking (I think) about factory stock.
> I've had mine up to 110 mph and the drift was starting to get
> scary.

agree... I was trapping at 107 MPH and the front end definitely did
not instill confidence... especially with the hood doing a little
dance! LOL!

Now, my new V6 Camaro is a BOAT but the front end and hood are
incredibly stable although I'm only trapping about 95MPH... LOL