Old June 20th 05, 11:12 PM

Harry wrote:
> I have a small motor home. 25 feet. Got a flat, ourside rear, dually.
> Can only find a valve stem on the inside tire, so am I just missing
> (can't see) the stem on the outside tire, or is there some kind of
> 'equalizer' twixt the two tires.
>

> Living in the MH on selected and oft changed streets till I find a job
> (so I don't drive that far ... or fast) but every dollar is precious
> right now. Can I use something like Fix-A-Flat just to keep the home
> going? and, if so, how does that work when there isn't a valve stem on
> the outside tire?
>

> Suggestions appreciated.

The outside rear dually is on 'backwards'.. that's how it's mounted on
the vehicle. It's normal.. relax. Does make it a pain to find the valve
though.. I usually align the valve opposite each other when putting on
the rear duals.. Keep looking.. you'll find either the valve or the
hole where the valve is supposed to be.

I run load range E tires on our motorhome.. I can run singles on the
rear and still be within limits on the tire.. but I do have duals on.

Jim