Old June 16th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.bmw
Steve B.

Default BMW Clutch Issue

>That would make perfect sense, and the fact that it is okay when cold but
>undrivable when hot correllates well with the air in the line diagnosis.
>BUT, the system has been bled many many times at this point. I cannot imagine
>there is still any air in it.

With rubber brake lines sometimes the inside fails in such a way that
when you step on the brake the fluid is forced to the caliper and
stops the car then when you let off the brake the broken piece in the
hose swings around and acts like a one way valve effectively locking
the brake in the on position.

I assume there must be a similar hose on the clutch system to allow
for movement of the transmission. Has this hose been replaced?

Steve B.