Old June 16th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.bmw
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Default BMW Clutch Issue

Bill wrote:
> "Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
>
>>Scott Dorsey wrote:

> the

> there

>>>That would make perfect sense, and the fact that it is okay when cold

> but
>
>>>undrivable when hot correllates well with the air in the line diagnosis.
>>>BUT, the system has been bled many many times at this point. I cannot

> imagine
>
>>>there is still any air in it.

>>How is it being bled? I find that a pressure bleeder is the only way to
>>fly.
>>
>>nate

> -----
>
> Just a thought: you might try blleding it in reverse. Maybe pressurize the
> fluid and send it into the system from the slave cylinder end. You'd have to
> drain some fluid from the master cylinder reservoir first and keep an eye on
> it. OR you could unbolt the slave and shake it while still attached to the
> hose. Maybe there's just enough air to present a problem eventhough the
> bleeding appears good. Either way, there's air in the system now.
>
> Bill in Omaha
> '86 535i

I'd also tap on each cylinder while bleeding with a wrench or
screwdriver if it appears like it is possible for a bubble to form and
not get pushed out with the fluid flow. Make sure that the bleeder is
at the very top of each component, if it is not I second Bill's advice
to unbolt.

nate

(never had a problem with the clutch on my 535i... blew up the motor,
but didn't have a problem with the clutch.)

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel