Old October 29th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

Default Greedy *******s.....

In article >, Ashton Crusher wrote:

> If we were talking about Ford Escorts or Taurus's I might agree, but
> this is a limited production specialty vehicle that not a single
> person on earth *needs* to have.

Nobody needs a car of any kind if you want to get down to it and play the
need game. So basically what you're saying is that you find it acceptable
to call a manipulated market a free market if it's a certain kind of
product.

> By definition the whole point of this
> kind of vehicle is that they are scarce and overpriced and intended
> for people with more money then they have a need for.

So, you think a Mustang GT should be $45K ? How much for a V6? Remember
some people see even a base V6 as frivious vehicle. Maybe you should
consider a used geo metro, something sensible you know.

> I suppose you
> can call it market manipulation but it's certainly not the same kind
> of manipulation for greedy and nefarious purposes as the oil price
> game is. Ford isn't trying to manipulate a mid-term congressional
> election outcome they way the oil companies are doing.

Ford (and GM, and others) does attempt to manipulate automotive regulations
however.