Old December 31st 05, 07:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Remote start for standard transmission?

In article >,
Grant Edwards > wrote:

> On 2005-12-31, Don Bruder > wrote:
>
> > What kind of lazy does it take to want a remote starter,
> > anyway? Is it really *THAT* much effort to walk over, open the
> > door, and turn the key??

> They seem pretty popular around here when the temperature hits
> -20F.

Michigan-raised, m'lad, so I've BTDT, and I'm not impressed. If you're
that fragile, and not bright enough to dress suitably for the weather,
well... <shrug> what what more needs to be said?

> > Ignoring that part, what kind of complete idiot would try to
> > put one on a car with a stick, and why???

> On presumes for the same reasons people put them on other cars
> you ugly, stupid, obnoxious asshole.

Oh, OK, I think I understand... That must be your code for "I've got
nothing meaningful to say, but I disagree with your opinion, so I'll
spew insults to make sure everybody knows I'm still here."

Do I get a gold star for guessing right? Or is it the usual reward of
"another dose of insults" this week? Hmmm... maybe it's my lucky day,
and the prize is a <plonk> this time? That's always a favorite amongst
those practicing your methods.

ever knowing it arrived. Sorry... <http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd> for more info