Old February 3rd 12, 05:25 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
aRKay[_4_]

Default C5 Weird Left Door Security Issue

In article >,
aRKay > wrote:

> My 2001 C5 Black Coupe seems to be having age issues with only 56K on
> the clock. The starter failed in the Wall Mart parking lot. Long
> shaggy dog story but I had the starter replaced and that is good.
>
> I have a new issue with the left door lock. If I exit the vehicle and
> lock the doors with the key FOB, it does not always lock the left door
> and when I open it the security system (horn and Lights) goes alerts the
> world.
>
> I suspected a bad door lock motor (or whatever it is called); however, I
> can manually lock the door and it stays locked until I use the key FOB to
> unlock it. No security alert.
>
> The alert seems to happen only when locked by the Key FOB. Is there
> a sensor in the left door that could be causing the problem.
>

> Dick

I just pulled the codes and got

BFA-40 1 code BO432 and when I looked it up it was for the RR DEFOG
relay?

and got another code B0-RFA 1064 and 99 HVAC BO348HC dealing with the AC

I tried using WD-40 on the lock and latch and that did nothing but make
a mess.

If I lock the vehicle using the key fob from outside the car, I head
something that sounds like an activator and the lights flash; however,
the car is not locked so when I pull the door handle it sounds the
security alam