Old August 16th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
weft2

Default Trying to ID Old Hubcap/Wreath & 3 Cats/Lions?

On Aug 16, 4:01 am, "mark" > wrote:
> weft2 wrote:

> >> I'm sure that your description in accurate, but a picture would be
> >> ten tmes better.
> >> Do you have a friend who could post one.
> >> (I do research in an automotive library when needed.)

> > Hi, and thanks for the input. I just uploaded 3 pictures to my
> > friend's webspace at:
> > http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bseed2...gers.com/album

> > Look in the Hubcap Album.

> OLD CAP?????
>
> damm, *I* am old then
>
> thats a 15 inch wheelcover, from a 1975-1978 Ford LTD
>
> I had a set like that on my 77 LTD Landau
>
> now I know what my dad meant when he saw a car from the 1930's or 1940's,
> and said " I remember when they were new"
>
> I do the same thing on cars from the 1960's and 1970's- Hide quoted text -

Thanks kindly for the info- I forgot about Ford, thinking only about
the GM Cadillacs that had the Laurel Wreaths in their design logo. But
if the older company, Ford, had the original wreath design for their
car logos, why did they give part of it over when Cadillac went to
GM? I thought a logo was a big trademark and copyright issue, espc.
for huge companies like Ford and GM. (BTW, thanks also to the other
poster's suggestion to get some photos up. That did the trick.)