Old September 22nd 05, 12:48 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, wrote:

> I have a 1997 Jeep Cherokee (4.0L/6 cyl) that has a problem with a
> hesitation on acceleration first thing when I drive it in the morning
> and when the Jeep has been parked and then driven again within 1 - 4
> hours of being parked. I've just replaced the spark plugs and the
> problem is still there. I run ethanol blended fuel and have not had a
> problem with fuel economy since I've owned it. Also, I've tried running
> fuel injector cleaner several times to break up the deposites (if there
> are any) and to no avail.

What's needed is proper diagnosis. This symptom could be caused by lots of
different problems, most of them small and affordable to fix, but you'll
spend a fortune if you just throw parts at it trying to guess what's
causing it. Could be a failing throttle position sensor, a slow-switching
O2 sensor, etc. How well do you keep up with maintenance? How old is the
fuel filter? Especially with that ethanol-blended garbage you run the
vehicle on, you really need to keep on top of fuel filter replacement.