Old May 14th 15, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Larry Q

Default Kadron h40/44 eis accelerator check ball

replying to Larry Q, Larry Q wrote:
> Larry Q wrote:
>
> Hi all ,
> I'm trying to rebuild a set of solex kadron h40/44 eis carbs. I was getting

no
> gas when i moved the linkage or accelarator diafame. I pulled the nut that

shold
> have held the check ball for accelerator circuit .I used a 4 mm long screw

and
> stop came out. inside there was no ball but it did have small plastic piece

that
> was fit into the opening and seems to have a resess for a ball.Not sure who

or
> when last rebuild was. Does anyone know if this ball bearing is the same

size as
> one under the squirter tube. thanks

Just an update after pulling other carb apart found same small plastic piece
init. Best discription is like old golf tee. My carbs had come from So Cal in
1998 looked like they had never been apart. Still had the paint on the inlet
screw and gas filter screw . So I guess some where the ball was swapped for
these plastic pieces. Well carbs are back now just playing with fine adj.

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/volkswage...all-77342-.htm