Old October 17th 12, 04:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Need cigarette lighter not to go off with the ignition switch! Solved part!

On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 10:03:08 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
> wrote:

>On 10/12/12 10:26 am, wrote:
>
>> I only have one on the dash and it is switched off with the ignition
>> switch. I have not located a second connector that is hot. Guess I
>> could splice into a hot wire, but would like to do it by the book if
>> possible. It said in my owners manual that Chrysler could convert it
>> to be hot all the time, but who wants to pay for what should be a
>> simple task. many thanks, Everett

>What is needed may be a simple programming change, a 2-minute job that
>the dealer might do for no extra charge when they have it in for regular
>service anyway. I think that having our '96 Stratus's doors lock
>automatically at 15mph was such a programming change that the dealer did
>free of charge.
>
>Perce

I was able to find something that was able to make the rear seat
outlet on with the ignition off, but the front outlet is still
controlled by the ignition. I was told earlier by someone here that
there was a setting in the fuse panel to make the outlet on with the
ignition off, but it was in his earlier users manual. I found
reference to changing the fuse position that is located in the upper
right, with reference (ign or bat). You just unplug the fuse that is
in the ign position and plug it into the batt position. I am still
trying to convert the front outlet or find how to install the missing
cigarette lighter.